Tuesday, May 20, 2008

First Post

After two previous failed attempts to begin a consistent blog, I'm giving it a shot again. This is mainly because I've recently found myself inspired by the educational blogging community. In particular, this post by TMAO really hit me in a big way. I would estimate that I read the last paragraph about twenty times, then probably reviewed it in my head about 100 more over the course of the last couple of days. The more I teach, the more I understand what the kids need and what it takes to be effective; yet the more I teach, the less I feel happy and capable of doing that work that needs to be done.

Over the course of the last few years, I've developed and come to relish a dream to one day open and run a school of my own. I've always wanted to be going there, building towards a model of schooling that I believe in that works. Now, I wonder if I'll ever get there, as I start to feel a little more tired and downtrodden each day.

As I hang on for another year (possibly in a different setting, more on that in the future) I hope to engage in some meaningful discussions and posts about the role of teachers in an effective educational system. If teachers are the answer, and I strongly believe they are, how do we get them to enter the profession and stay there? What is a sustainable model of excellent schooling?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!